Purchase Order Requirements/Generation (Part 2)
Two of the most commonly used tabs in Purchase Order Requirements/Generation (excluding the Criteria tab) are the Item and Calculation tabs. These tabs are incredibly useful and make looking at data for items quick and easy. In part one, we covered how to navigate to PORG and the Criteria tab. If you haven’t seen part 1, you can find that video linked here. During this video, we are going to dive into the Item tab and how to read the information given to you on the Criteria tab.
The Item Tab
The first tab we discuss is the Item tab. This tab is a stepping stone into the Criteria tab, as you have to first go to the Item tab before you can access the Criteria tab. The Item tab is where all of the items will display after you run your purchasing criteria. There is a lot you can do with this tab such as:
- Review every item and the recommended quantities to purchase, make, or produce.
- Convert vendor quotes to purchase orders.
- Save or restore purchasing requirements.
However, we are not limited to doing only these examples within the Item tab. Make sure you watch the video above to find out what more you can do!
The Criteria Tab
One of the most daunting tabs can be the Criteria tab. This tab presents a lot of information and calculations. These calculations can be difficult to understand at first, but this video will help you better understand the information you are being shown. We have four different sections that PORG shows us. These tabs include:
- Net Stock – which tracks your current inventory level for the item selected
- Order Point
- Purchase Quantity – shows you the quantity that the system recommends you purchase based on the Net Stock available and the calculated Order Point
- Required Units – shows you how many units you need to purchase
If all of this interested you, make sure that you check out our video. Also, follow us on our social media so you never miss out on a new post or video!